Sunday, April 19, 2009

Recycle (and break in some new stuff)

The challenge at Our Creative Corner this week is to create a card or project using recycled items. The timing couldn't be more perfect. I was cleaning out the pantry the other day and came across this tin. My husband's company had been giving them out at some convention-type thing, and it came filled with chocolate chip cookies. There were still 1 1/2 of the little cookies in the tin, and I know he's had it for ages. I tossed the cookies (haha, tossed my cookies ;) ) and decided to keep the tin to alter. I didn't think I'd get to it so soon, but this week's challenge was the perfect excuse.



I used CTMH Silhouette paper, as well as Bamboo and Tulip cardstock. Stamp set used was CTMH Friendship Small. Flowers are Prima, I sewed with my machine on the two strips of Bamboo cardstock (only one is visible in the picture). Ribbon is CTMH Colonial White Ricrac, and brads are CTMH Tulip. I got to break in my new Cuttlebug (I broke my old one last month by trying to go from memory instead of using the cheat sheet for the cut/emboss stacks), as well as my new Nestabilities Labels One (which arrived two days after I broke my Cuttlebug and has been teasing me for weeks now, begging to be used). After embossing the labels, I sponged them (while still in the die) with the matching ink. I'm glad I did that, because all of the pressure necessary to keep the label in place while the Mod Podge dried pretty much removed the embossing. I didn't really have an intended purpose for this, but I think I am going to use it as my secret candy stash in the scrap room. I need to go see if I have some sugar free Werther's Originals to fill it with...

No comments: