Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring August's SOTM,which is It's Your Day, a set of 26 stamps. If you have come here from Carol's Blog, you are on the right path! If this is your first stop, you may want to go back to Jena's Blog and start from the beginning!

This month we have 63 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!

Here we go!







Funny story about this card. July was the first blog hop I participated in. Since I was going on vacation, I needed to get my card done early. So, going from memory, I grabbed my "July" stamp of the month, and commenced to making a really cute card. It used "Fold Back" pattern from the old CTMH Originals Card Confidence Program, Animal Cookies Creative Basics papers, Clover Meadow and White Daisy cardstock. Lots of Dutch Blue eyelets were used, some White Daisy ricrac on the insert part of the card. The stamping was done in Tulip ink, and the White Daisy insert piece was direct to paper ink distressed with Sunflower ink. The "party" image was mounted using 3-d Mounting foam. As you can see, I'm describing my AUGUST Stamp of the Month card. In my glorious blondness, I had made my August card for July. Luckily, I checked the Idea Book the day before I left for Florida, otherwise I would have had a really red face for that hop! Don't tell anyone about my blonde moment, okay??

Now "Hop" on over to Chris's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the August SOTM is only available until August 31! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!

4 comments:

Haley D. said...

What a funny story! You didn't have to tell on yourself, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who does stuff like that! Very cute card, BTW.

Barbara said...

LOL....I am one that knows about having blond moments....lol....and I really like the ink distressing and the whole pocket card idea.
Beautiful card!!

Jena said...

Fun pocket card! Oh, and thanks for sharing your story - glad to know I'm not alone with moments like that ;-) Thanks for hopping with us!

Unknown said...

That's a neat card! Glad you made it, even if it was originally for the wrong month lol!