Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sneak Peek at Studio J

Soon, you will be able to create fabulous digital scrapbook layouts from Close To My Heart.  There is a wonderful selection of paper packs (including some retired favorites and a Studio J exclusive pack for each new Idea Book).  I played around with it a few weeks ago, and will be sharing some of my layouts.  Studio J should go live later this month, and you will be able to access it from my CTMH website.  In the meantime, while almost all of my scrap stuff is on the way to Okinawa, I will share my digital scrapping with you.

This is our annual Christmas Eve tradition, baking cookies for Santa.  I love that I was able to use that close-up of the cookies the same as you might use a patterned paper.



We also open one gift on Christmas Eve, and this layout is of that tradition.  I love that I didn't have to cut the circle picture myself.


The little bits of gray you may have noticed at the top don't print, they are part of the tools for when you are creating your layouts.  You can switch left and right, rotate each layout, and rotate the papers within the layout, among other effects).  There are lots of embellishments you can add, including ribbon, buttons, threads, metal (brads, photo clips, etc), My Stickease, and even various distressing techniques.  One thing I forgot to do on the left page (after I rotated it) was to rotate the papers so that both sides matched.  But did you notice that before I pointed it out?  That's EXACTLY how I missed it.  I'm going to make myself a quick little checklist of things to verify when I approve my future layouts.  This won't entirely replace paper scrapbooking, but I can definitely see it having its place (especially when I want to create multiple copies of a layout, either for gifts or for others involved in the event).

I have other layouts created, but I will post those at a later time.

No comments: