Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Little Thanks November 2010 Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to the November 2010 CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop, featuring A Little Thanks, a set of 16 Stamps.  This month we have over 60 Close To My Heart consultants participating in our hop.  If you've just arrived here from {Kristie's} blog, you are on the right track.  If you are just starting here, our round-robin hop can still be enjoyed in it's entirety.  Just follow the links at the end of each post, and eventually you'll end up right back here!

I am on a mission to use up my paper stash, so I went through my baskets of paper and decided on Boom-di-ada for my Thank You card.  Since I was watching a movie on my computer at the time I made this card, I pulled out Wishes, and made this card following the directions for "Down the Middle" (which happened to be the first page I opened the book to).


Papers: CTMH cardstock in Buttercup and Hollyhock, CTMH Boom-di-ada
Inks: CTMH Hollyhock and Sweet Leaf, Versamark
Tools and Techniques: Emboss resist, CTMH embossing powder in Clear Detail, CTMH ribbon, CTMH Buttons, Fiskar's Threading Water punch
Stamp Sets: CTMH A Little Thanks



I used the emboss resist technique for the stamping.  I stamped the image on Buttercup cardstock in Versamark ink, then heat embossed with CTMH Clear Detail embossing powder.  After that, I direct-to-paper ink distressed the edges in Hollyhock, then sponged Sweet Leaf over the cardstock.  I chose not to go for a dark/solid coverage with the Sweet Leaf, so I didn't remove the clear embossing powder.  Had I gone for a solid coverage with the Sweet Leaf, I would have put a spare piece of paper over the top of the sponged panel, and then ironed it to remove the embossing powder.  With the subtle color difference, I opted to leave the embossing powder to ensure the sentiment stands out.  All of the pieces (except the punched edge) were DTP edge-distressed with Hollyhock ink.

A punched edge, some buttons, and a piece of ribbon finish off this cheery card.

Remember, A Little Thanks is only available during the month of November 2010.  Ask your consultant, or click here, to find out how to get this stamp for a discount or possibly even FREE!

Now hop on over to {Mary's} blog to find some more inspiration. 

If you find any broken links along the way, Helen has the complete list of participants {here}.
 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Very nice. Love the reverse resist technique!

Jenifer said...

really cute!

Nalazoo said...

Fun way to use up your stash.

Haley D. said...

Pretty! I love resist techniques.

Annette Green said...

Oh how I loved Boom-di-ada. Nice card!

Kim O'Rear said...

I love the white embossed Thanks!