Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Little Thanks November 2010 Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to the November 2010 CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop, featuring A Little Thanks, a set of 16 Stamps.  This month we have over 60 Close To My Heart consultants participating in our hop.  If you've just arrived here from {Kristie's} blog, you are on the right track.  If you are just starting here, our round-robin hop can still be enjoyed in it's entirety.  Just follow the links at the end of each post, and eventually you'll end up right back here!

I am on a mission to use up my paper stash, so I went through my baskets of paper and decided on Boom-di-ada for my Thank You card.  Since I was watching a movie on my computer at the time I made this card, I pulled out Wishes, and made this card following the directions for "Down the Middle" (which happened to be the first page I opened the book to).


Papers: CTMH cardstock in Buttercup and Hollyhock, CTMH Boom-di-ada
Inks: CTMH Hollyhock and Sweet Leaf, Versamark
Tools and Techniques: Emboss resist, CTMH embossing powder in Clear Detail, CTMH ribbon, CTMH Buttons, Fiskar's Threading Water punch
Stamp Sets: CTMH A Little Thanks



I used the emboss resist technique for the stamping.  I stamped the image on Buttercup cardstock in Versamark ink, then heat embossed with CTMH Clear Detail embossing powder.  After that, I direct-to-paper ink distressed the edges in Hollyhock, then sponged Sweet Leaf over the cardstock.  I chose not to go for a dark/solid coverage with the Sweet Leaf, so I didn't remove the clear embossing powder.  Had I gone for a solid coverage with the Sweet Leaf, I would have put a spare piece of paper over the top of the sponged panel, and then ironed it to remove the embossing powder.  With the subtle color difference, I opted to leave the embossing powder to ensure the sentiment stands out.  All of the pieces (except the punched edge) were DTP edge-distressed with Hollyhock ink.

A punched edge, some buttons, and a piece of ribbon finish off this cheery card.

Remember, A Little Thanks is only available during the month of November 2010.  Ask your consultant, or click here, to find out how to get this stamp for a discount or possibly even FREE!

Now hop on over to {Mary's} blog to find some more inspiration. 

If you find any broken links along the way, Helen has the complete list of participants {here}.
 

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Very nice. Love the reverse resist technique!

Jenifer said...

really cute!

Helen Onulak said...

Fun way to use up your stash.

Krista Ritskes said...

Cute!

Haley D. said...

Pretty! I love resist techniques.

Debra said...

Cute card!

Annette said...

Oh how I loved Boom-di-ada. Nice card!

Kim O'Rear said...

I love the white embossed Thanks!

Closet Stamper said...

Nice card!

Shirley said...

love it