Sunday, March 31, 2013

April 2013 CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to the April 2013 CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop, featuring My Sunshine, a set of 8 stamps.  This month we have over 50 Close To My Heart consultants participating in our hop.  If you've just arrived here from {Wendy's} blog, you are on the right track.  If you are just starting here, our round-robin hop can still be enjoyed in it's entirety.  Just follow the links at the end of each post, and eventually you'll end up right back here!  

I made my card following the Mojo Monday sketch 286, and I went for the round option.  Since I wanted to use the bird stamp, I figured using the Magnifique papers was a good plan.  I cut out the scalloped circle card using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, and the bird image was cut out from the Artiste cartridge.  I wanted to use clear embossing powder to make the bird shine.  The trick to embossing in any color is to ink your stamp with Versamark and then with the color of your choice, and then stamp your image.  Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and use your heat gun to melt the powder to give a nice shiny surface.



Papers: CTMH cardstock in Chocolate, Colonial White, and Lagoon; CTMH Magnifique 
Inks: CTMH Pacific, Versamark
Tools and Techniques: CTMH ribbon, CTMH Bitty Brads in Antiqued Copper, 3-D Mounting Foam, CTMH Clear embossing powder, Cricut CTMH Artiste cartridge, Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge
Stamp Sets: CTMH My Sunshine


Remember, My Sunshine is only available April 1-30, 2013.  Contact your consultant, or click {here}, to find out how to get your own.

Now hop on over to {Lori's} blog to find some more favorites.

If you find any broken links along the way, Helen has the complete list of hoppers {here}. 

3 comments:

Joy said...

I love it embossed!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

So pretty:)

Dawn said...

Great thinking with the embossing powder! It looks nice!