Saturday, October 3, 2009

National Cardmaking Day

Today is National Cardmaking Day, so I had an excuse reason to tear myself away from my Business Management paper to make a card. Technically, this card is related to my Business Management paper. The paper is based on an interview that we had to do with a business owner. So I chose a local business (Truly Madly Sweetly Bakeshop, which has the most delicious cupcakes and mini cheesecakes) to do an interview with. I was so pleased when the owner agreed to sit down with me. Because she was such a fantastic lady (as well as a fantastic pastry chef), the chat was really easy for me. So, I was going to write her a thank you note, and then I remembered that today was National Cardmaking Day, and instead decided to make a card. The inspiration for this card is from the colors of her shop (white and light pink, with striped walls up top). I followed Mojo Monday Week 106 sketch.



Stamps: Cupcakeabella, CTMH Thank You
Papers: CTMH cardstock (Blush, Chocolate, Hollyhock), CTMH More to Adore
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH markers, Copic markers, CTMH Hollyhock, Prismacolor marker
Embellishments: CTMH ribbon, CTMH brad (Cranberry), Liquid Applique, Round sticker from More to Adore Stickease
Techniques: Paper piecing, heat gun-puffed Liquid Applique, shadowing with Cool Grey marker

Here is a closer view of the cupcake. I was careful to keep the Liquid Applique off of the stamped lines of the icing so they would show when it was finished. To puff up the Liquid Applique, simply use your heat gun just as you would for heat embossing. The sticker stamped with "Thank You" was mounted on a 3-D foam mounting square. To remove the stickiness from the back of the sticker, I simply sprinkled it with baby powder and tapped off the excess. That way it won't stick to the card when I mail it.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely!

Now get back to work you slacker!

ya ya's mom said...

wow jilly! me wanty!!!