Monday, October 12, 2009

A Season That Sparkles

As I was clicking links on blogs this past weekend, I happened upon Flourishes. They had a post with the cutest card that had a chair that had been fabric-pieced. Very cool. So I kept reading and saw the Season That Sparkles challenge. Woohoo, an excuse to pull out my box-o-bling (yes, I really do have a box-o-bling. It is GOLD! It is a box I saved from my chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies that I brought back from Big Island Candies when I went to Hawaii. One day I will even cut a title for it on my Silhouette. And decorate it with more BLING! Oops, sorry, I went off on a tangent again.) and get SPARKLE-Y!


I decided to go ahead a try out the tri-shutter card I have been seeing so many of lately. Not too difficult, but the tutorial I found had a few of the measurements off. As long as I remember that for the next time, I'm good. The completed card is standard A2 size.






Papers: CTMH cardstock, CTMH Jingle Creative Basics
Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Juniper, Olive, Tulip
Stamp sets: CTMH Heartfelt Christmas, CTMH Card Chatter-Christmas
Tools and Techniques: Nestabilities Classic Oval Large, Martha Stewart Snowflake punches, CTMH Sparkles (there are 24 of those tiny things floating around the Christmas tree), Stampendous! Crystal Snow glitter in White (which was applied by running the snowflakes through my Xyron, then pouring the glitter over the adhesive--it doesn't tend to fall off using this technique)



Card open



Close up of the tree. There are 24 tiny little sparkles on there.



Close up of some of the snowflakes. The glitter doesn't photograph well, but it is definitely there.



View of the open card from above.

No comments: