Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Janelle!



It's Janelle's birthday (she's 25, but don't tell anyone!), and I am amazed that I actually got her card completed and in the mail early enough that she will have received it before her birthday. I followed the OCC Challenge from February 28th for this card. I also made a point of using some pretty paper that I'd bought and had been saving instead of using. The cardstock is CTMH Goldrush and Black, and the paper is 7 Gypsies Requiem. CTMH ribbon and "Happy Birthday" and "Butterfly Wings" (March Stamp of the Month) stamp sets were used, as well as the Fiskars Threading Water punch and EK Success corner rounder. "Happy Birthday" and the butterfly were heat-embossed using CTMH black embossing powder and versamark ink. Ovals were cut out with Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large and my Cuttlebug. The button is from my stash. I was worried about using Black and Goldrush together, but I think the combination works great with the Requiem paper. Hope J loves it! Happy Birthday Janelle.

4 comments:

Sue said...

That is beautimous!

ya ya's mom said...

yeah it is! thanks!

Cindy Haffner said...

So so pretty, thanks so much for playing along with us OCC girls.

Liane said...

I love it!!!