Friday, May 15, 2009

Cameo


Today I chose patterned paper by 7 Gypsies to make this card for the OCC Sketch Challenge. Originally, I planned to use a flower of some sort. When I started visualizing the card, I started to think of how just the two colors made me think of those cameo brooches that my grandmother had (and the cameo images she had on the wall in her living room). So I decided to use Be Yourself (the May Stamp of the Month) for the image. This card went together rather easily, I actually spent more time choosing the papers than I did making the card. In addition to the 7 Gypsies paper (Requiem Quad), I used unknown cardstock and black rhinestones from my stash. Ovals were cut with Nestabilities Petite Oval Large. The card base was made from black, and I put a slightly smaller square of the red cardstock on the inside for sentiment and signature. The ovals were mounted with 3-D Foam Mounting Squares.

No comments: