Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas

So this week I used the Mojo Monday Sketch to do Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge. This week Sparkle challenged us to use snowmen, with bonus points for using pink. Since I can't seem to turn down a challenge (which is part of why I will be doing a triathlon on Sunday), I decided to use pink in my cards.

The first card was made using a pretty paper I bought specifically to do this challenge (Jolly & Bright Holly Stripe Shimmer Glitter Paper by Heidi Grace Designs). It is hard to tell, but this paper has a very light pink base color. I also used CTMH Evensong Background and Texture paper, and CTMH cardstock in Baby Pink, Garden Green, Barn Red and White Daisy. Stamp sets used were Snow Friends and Christmas Melodies. Circle and Scalloped circle were cut with Nestabilities and mounted on 3-D Mounting foam, and the Snowflake brads are from Michael's. The snowman's hat was colored with CTMH markers, and his shadow lines were accented with White Snow glitter by Inkadinkadoo. Organza ribbon is from CTMH.



The second card was made using DCWV papers, and CTMH cardstock in Barn Red, Colonial White and White Daisy. His shadow lines were dusted with tiny glass beads, his hat was stamped on and cut from the striped paper, and the sparkles are from my stash. The snowflake was heat embossed in white powder on Barn Red cardstock and mounted with 3-D Foam Mounting Squares. Stitched ribbon is CTMH. My Christmas card box is getting full, I like it!!



No comments: