Saturday, May 30, 2009

Go Team Go!!!

Tomorrow my friend Stephanie is running the San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon as a participant with Team in Training. She has been doing a lot of events with TNT since she lost her sister to Acute Myelogenous Leukemia in 2002. As a matter of fact, Steph and I met as TNT teammates in 2007. This year she set her fundraising goal at $4000, she is closing in on that goal (if you want to check out her page, it is here). She has been doing a lot of races the past year, some for causes and others just for fun. I last saw her at the triathlon I did on May 3rd. She had several friends participating in it, and she came out to show us support. She really is an awesome woman! I am going to meet her around the halfway point tomorrow, to show my support. I wanted to make a card for her, and here is what I ended up with:




I followed this week's OCC sketch, which I turned on its side. I tried to match the TNT colors as much as possible (which isn't easy--it's a funky purple and a funky green). I used DCWV(green) and CTMH cardstock (White Daisy), and CTMH Enchanted paper. Stamp sets used were CTMH Be Yourself and You Rock. Inks used were Black and Pansy Purple, I also used Bella's Baubles in an unknown shade of purple.

1 comment:

Jessica Theodore said...

Great take on the sketch :)