Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cute and Spring-y Birthday Card

I'm still getting over the crud that has been going around, and I woke up with a headache, so I decided to scrap for a bit before hitting the gym (and DH hired a cleaning company that started two days ago and will come bi-weekly, so I don't feel obligated to be cleaning something right now).  A few weeks ago I stopped at the Stampin' Post on my way home and bought the cutest little girl stamp set by Hero Arts.  Which meant I needed more Copics to color them with.  So I ordered 19 more from The Merri Artist (bringing my current total of Copic markers to 30), and was excited to get to break-in both of my new purchases.  Friday evening I started coloring a few of the largest girl image, and today I am making cards with them.  This is the first card, made for an upcoming birthday.  This card was made following CPS sketch 154.  Other challenges were OCC Something Old That's New, Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (I LOVE using up stuff from my stash, and the paper, flowers and baubles have been in my stash for AGES), Pile it On (flowers), and Fun With Shapes and More challenge #41 (Spotted).


Papers: CTMH Orange and White Daisy cardstock, Sassafrass Sunshine Lollipops
Inks: Copic Markers
Tools and Techniques: Unknown flowers (whoever makes the monthly flowers, these are January Carnation and March Daffodil), Bella's Baubles
Stamp Sets: Hero A rts Sweet Wonderful You, CTMH Card Sentiments (inside)

1 comment:

Betty Wright said...

So adorable and beautifully colored, Jill! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!