Saturday, February 13, 2010

What to do with those beautiful cards

I always keep the wonderful handmade cards that I receive, but usually they are in a file or a pile (for a while, makes me smile, like a crocodile...oh, sorry, didn't mean to get all rhyme-y on you).  Not very neat, and not easy to look at.  Well, I totally copied Sue's idea to scrap them.  That is a perfect plan.  Now, these wonderful cards are preserved so I can look back at them, and they aren't shoved in a box and constantly being moved when I *try* to get all of my scrap stuff organized.   I think the card layouts will be a nice addition to the Christmas layouts (whenever I get around to getting THOSE finished).

 

  

  
Papers: CTMH Creme Brulee cardstock, DCWV  textured cardstock, CTMH Jingle
Inks: CTMH
Tulip, CTMH markers for journaling
Tools and Techniques: Silhouette Machine ("Season's Greetings" title), 2 page layout from CK Sketches January 2010
Stamp Sets: CTMH Made by Me



For these layouts, I wanted to try to make use of the pages in the DCWV stack that are meant to be used whole.  Not something I normally do, and a bit of a challenge with cards (especially considering the unusual sizes of several of them), but I think I like how it turned out.  I probably could have done more in some of the white (green) space, but I didn't want to detract from the cards.  All I added was a strip of coordinating paper (also from the stack) and a little bit of bling.
  

  

  

  
Papers:  DCWV  Holiday Collection The Christmas Stack
Inks: Micron journaling pen
Tools and Techniques: CTMH Sparkles, Nicole Crafts rhinestones, CM number stickers, Snowflake brads (maybe MM?)


3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow!Dr Suess had nothing on you and your rhyming abilities!

Loverly layouts.

ya ya's mom said...

nice jilly :)

iamjaytee said...

WOWZA! What a great idea, and the pages look awesome!!!